Sunday, September 18, 2005

Something's Missing

Sunny day with a perfect breeze
Riding with a pretty girl
soft sad music on the radio
Relatively good mood
considering the slight hangover

Twinkling laughter
that kidnaps me every time
Surrounded by faces on Devon
Then a sky on the ceiling
and statues by the lounge bench
A pretty girl behind me at another table
Dark hair, slender face, Moon eyes

A couple joins us
Tasty food, but little conversation
I don't know where to look
I'm in a good mood
but something's missing

A walk in Lincoln Square
A chance meeting with my friends
Laughter and conversation
I like my friends
The four of us seem in tune

A stop at a music store
Surrounded by so many CDs I want
That music store smell
We seem to be clicking

The walk home
A confusing half-argument
I'm talking Bohemian stream-of-consciousness
For a split second I remember who I want to be
I'm still in a good mood
Belly full, pretty girl at my side, and the sun on my face

But something's missing
But I'm not sure what
Something's not quite there

Something's missing
Maybe I'm not really there

No comments: